From the inception of SPACE, art, dialogue, innovation, and radical hospitality have been our bedrock. We firmly believe that in all endeavors--in artistic creation, in social justice, and in democracy--what we create is stronger when there are more and different perspectives at the table. SPACE provides artists and changemakers with time and space to create vital art and to foster necessary dialogue for lasting change.
More than 2500 individuals applied for 177 slots in 2017, double the previous year. To continue to meet this need, in 2018 SPACE will:
- Expand the season. In February 2018 we held our first-ever Season Extension Residency, increasing our season from 22 weeks to 26.
- Increase financial support for residents. We’re creating a travel fund for out-of-state residents, and committing to zeroing out application fees in the next two years.
- Continue growing our physical space. We’re in the midst of a strategic plan to improve and increase our facilities for residents and staff.
The opportunity we have at SPACE is one that goes beyond a 10 or 20 or 50 year legacy. We are working to ensure that in another 222 years, Ryder Farm will still be a farm, and that on that farm there will be artists and activists and farmers, making and growing things that will radiate outward, outliving us all.
Please support us by making a fully tax-deductible donation to ensure that we progress towards our vital goals of eliminating financial barriers, increasing opportunities, and supporting all voices at our dinner table. Below, we have included a variety of ways to make a contribution.
Donate with Credit or Debit
Donate by check
SPACE on Ryder Farm
P.O. Box 699
New York, NY 10013
Please note how you wish your gift to be acknowledged, either by email or physical letter.
Other ways you Can help
- AmazonSmile - Support SPACE while holiday shopping! Choose "SPACE on the Farm" when logging in to Amazon Smile.
- Does your company have an employee matching gift program?
- If you have a car, kitchen appliance, or other item that could prove useful to our operation, please consider making a fully tax-deductible in-kind donation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
SPACE on Ryder Farm is a non-profit 501c3 organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Charities Number 42-74-76
SPACE on Ryder Farm receives support from:
The Anne Anastasi Charitable Foundation
The Mary Duke Biddle Foundation
The Deupree Family Foundation
Dramatists Guild Fund
The Deann Dylandale Foundation
The Getter Foundation
Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation
The Anna-Maria and Stephen Kellen Foundation
The Lilly Awards Foundation
The National Endowment for the Arts
New York State Council on the Arts
with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature
The Michael Palm Foundation
The Puffin Foundation
Putnam Arts Council's Arts Links Grant Program
The Blanchette Hooker Rockefeller Fund
The Sustainable Arts Foundation
The Tamarack Foundation
Westchester Community Foundation
The Tamara White Charitable Foundation
and hundreds of individual donors